Parent Partnership
Norfolk Parent Partnership
 Home  spacer  Jargon Buster  spacer  Contact Us  spacer  Feedback  spacer  Site Map Search:  Search Site 
Who Are We?
Notice Board
Annual Review
Statutory Assessments
Exclusions from School
Funding in mainstream schools
Helping Children in Pre-School
Helping Children in School
Support & Information
Finding out about a school
What if we cannot agree
Working together to help your child
Useful Links
Independent Parental Supporters
Print This Page
Funding for children with special education needs in mainstream school
How is the School Specific Allocation worked out?   Back to First Page   What happens if my child's needs change?

How do I know if my child is getting the right level of support?
Bullet Point If your child has SEN, the school should have contacted you, discussed these needs and agreed some targets with you. These targets make up an Individual Education Plan (IEP). You should receive a copy of this. The IEP should be reviewed with you at least twice a year, to see if progress has been made before provision is changed.
Bullet Point If your child has a statement of SEN this will say what support he or she will have. The school may receive extra funding to pay for this.