Parent Partnership
Norfolk Parent Partnership
 Home  spacer  Jargon Buster  spacer  Contact Us  spacer  Feedback  spacer  Site Map Search:  Search Site 
Who Are We?
Notice Board
Annual Review
Statutory Assessments
Exclusions from School
Funding in mainstream schools
Helping Children in Pre-School
Helping Children in School
Support & Information
Finding out about a school
What if we cannot agree
Working together to help your child
Useful Links
Independent Parental Supporters
Print This Page
Funding for children with special education needs in mainstream school
How does the LA know how much extra money to put into schools for pupils with SENs?   Back to First Page   How do I know if my child is getting the right level of support?

How is the School Specific Allocation worked out?
Bullet Point The Local Authority uses information about:
i) The number of free school meals
ii) Test results from the Bury Infant Check and SATS (tests at yr 2 and yr 6)
iii) The Index of Multiple Deprivation, to decide how much money a school should get in its School Specific Allocation.
Bullet Point The money allocated is given to the school as one payment each year. The schools are then expected to use this money to meet the needs of all pupils with SEN and this helps them to plan for the future school year.