Parent Partnership
Norfolk Parent Partnership
 Home  spacer  Jargon Buster  spacer  Contact Us  spacer  Feedback  spacer  Site Map Search:  Search Site 
Who Are We?
Notice Board
Annual Review
Statutory Assessments
Exclusions from School
Funding in mainstream schools
Helping Children in Pre-School
Helping Children in School
Support & Information
Finding out about a school
What if we cannot agree
Working together to help your child
Useful Links
Independent Parental Supporters
Print This Page
Funding for children with special education needs in mainstream school
   Back to First Page   How are schools funded?

Who is responsible for ensuring that children's special education needs (SEN) are met?Meeting around table
Bullet Point The school's Governing Body has a legal duty to do their best to make sure that pupils with SEN get what they need.
(Code of Practice of Special Educational Needs 1.16)
Bullet Point The headteacher is responsible for the day to day management of all areas of the school's work. This includes support for children with SEN. The headteacher will keep the Governing Body fully informed.
(Code of Practice of Special Educational Needs 1.39)
Bullet Point The Local Authority shares out money to schools so that they can support children with SEN. The Local Authority also helps schools through the support services (specialists from education and health) and has responsibility for children with statements.